Greenwood Community Council
Annual Meeting is this Tuesday!
Help Set our 2017 Priorities, and
Elect a New Board
Tuesday April 18, 7pm
Greenwood Public Library (Yes, it’s Open Again!)
8016 Greenwood Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98103
There’s a lot going on in Greenwood this year:
- At least four six-to-seven story buildings are moving through the city’s process, including the site of last year’s gas explosion, the old DOL building, and the grassy area in the Greenwood Shopping Center east of Palatine,
- Seattle’s changing its land use code to allow taller buildings everywhere in return for developers contributing towards affordable housing,
- New schools will open next fall near Aurora, and safe pathways for kids to get there are still a concern,
- Homelessness and opiate addiction is increasing with hundreds of unplanned encampments in Seattle, while Seattle has just opened a new sanctioned encampment site nearby,
- Seattle’s changing how it engages the public to get more voices to the table, and
- Meanwhile sidewalks and better bus connections are still needed.
– What should the Greenwood Community Council focus its attention on over the next year?
– What issues would you like to learn more about, or find out what your neighbors think?
– How could we do a better job building community in Greenwood?
Please join us Tuesday to weigh in on the most important issues facing Greenwood, and set priorities over the coming year. You can also weigh in on issues and priorities by filling our our survey before Tuesday, whether you plan to attend or not. The survey results will be shared at the meeting to stimulate discussion. We have received 60 responses so far, and the free version of SurveyMonkey will accept another 40 more.
Please also consider joining our board. If you’ve ever thought about getting involved in the neighborhood, joining our board is a great way to do it.
7:00 Introductions and agenda review
7:10 Survey results, and discussion of GCC priorities for 2017
8:00 Describe GCC board positions and hold election
8:20 Adjourn (new board sticks around to touch base)
Not every meeting will have minutes, but if minutes are published they will be posted here after the event occurs.