Pedestrian Issues in Greenwood
November Membership Meeting
Tuesday November 17, 7:00 – 8:30
8016 Greenwood Ave. N
Join the Greenwood Community Council to hear from guest speakers and engage in discussion of pedestrian and safety issues including sidewalks, safe routes to schools, dedicated facilities for non-motorized transport (e.g. the Interurban Trail), Seattle’s update to the Pedestrian Master Plan, and more.
The recent passage of the Move Seattle Transportation levy will see new investments in Seattle’s pedestrian infrastructure; and Greenwood and North Seattle are sure to see many new pedestrian-focused projects in the coming years. Come out to hear from representatives from the Seattle Department of Transportation, as well as community members engaged in various pedestrian issues.
This will be a great opportunity to hear about projects that are going on right now, chime in on your issues and priorities, and find out how to be engaged. We hope to see you there!
- Welcome/overview of meeting agenda (7:00 PM)
- Overview of upcoming GCC meeting topics
- Overview of committees and Board
- Committee Report Outs – Committee Chairs
- Land use
- Health and Safety
- Outreach – call for interested volunteers
- Guest Speakers, Pedestrian Issues
- Pedestrian Master plan – SDOT
- Greenwood/Phinney Greenways – Lee Bruch
- Update on Interurban Improvement Project – Keith Bates
- Audience Q&A
- Poll areas of interest
- How to stay involved
- Meeting Close (8:30 PM)
Please note that the Library’s garage closes at 8PM, so if you park in the library you will need to move your car before then.
One thought on “November Meeting: Pedestrian Issues”
I was unable to attend tonight, but was hoping to know more on the following:
1) are there any materials that can be posted from the pedestrian master plan update presentation?
2) what were the results of the poll areas of interest?
3) how does SDOT plan to use neighborhood input and make decisions on projects?
4) what is the best way to stay involved, specifically on sidewalk and street crossing issues?