Date: August 23, 2011
Location: Greenwood Library (8016 Greenwood Ave N.)
Aurora Projects featuring Karen Cirulli of Aurora Commons (www.AuroraCommons.org).
RESIDENT SPEAKER: Karen Cirulli (Karen@AuroraCommons.org).
Neighborhood Recycling Rewards Program.
GUEST SPEAKER: Kristin Kinder (KKinder@wm.com)
85th Street Rebuild (http://www.seattle.gov/transportation/pave_85th.htm) & traffic signal revision(s).
GUEST SPEAKER: Emily Neff (ENeff@EnviroIssues.com).
GUEST SPEAKER: Jim Curtin (Jim.Curtin@seattle.gov).
Central Greenwood Zoning Revision Proposal (http://www.seattle.gov/dpd/planning/GreenwoodRezone/Overview/)
Greenwood Shopping Center Inc plans (Greenwood Market demolition, Fred Meyer expansion, etc).
10 were in attendance for the meeting, including presenters.
Rick Klingele, Vice President of the GCC, called the meeting to order at 7:01pm
- No sign-in sheet was distributed. No dues were paid.
- Karen has been working on community building in the Greenwood section of Aurora since approximately 2008.
- Aurora Commons is now open odd hours on Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri.
- Aurora Commons holds a “women’s breakfast” on Fridays.
- Aurora Commons has plans for a Medical Clinic Thursdays 9a-12p.
- Aurora Commons is seeking volunteers (losing 2 Americorps volunteers in October 2011).
- There will be an Aurora BBQ @ Sun Hill (8517 Aurora) on September 7, 2011.
- Waste Management (one of Seattle’s two residential waste haulers) will be having recycling contest… tentatively… September 15, 2011 – March 15, 2012 (compared to September 15, 2010 – March 15, 2011) $50,000 prize.
- There will be an 85th Street repave open house @ Greenwood Senior Center on September 26, 2011, 5-8pm.
- EnviroIssues has been hired by SDOT to perform outreach regarding the repaving project.
- GAIN requested the prior changes to the traffic signal at 80th & Aurora.
- Now 80th to Aurora disallows left turns if pedestrian signal button is pressed.
- The Central Greenwood Zoning Revision Proposal is under discussion (Greenwood Shopping Center Inc challenging the city’s findings). There will be a public forum about it on September 7, 2011 @ 12pm @ Seattle Municipal Tower (700 5th Avenue; Seattle WA 98104) Room 4009 (http://www.seattle.gov/examiner/calendar.htm).
- Greenwood Shopping Center Inc building plans are moving through SEPA review. There will be a public meeting soon (date TBD) to provide more visibility of the project. There is expected to be a two-week notification of the meeting date.
Meeting adjourned at 8:40pm.
Submitted by: J. C. V., Secretary GCC. with notes taken by Rick Klingele
questions and/or corrections please send emails to: firstname.lastname@example.org