Growth and Affordability
February Membership Meeting
Tuesday February 16, 7:00 – 8:30
8016 Greenwood Ave. N
There is broad agreement that housing affordability is one of the most critical issues we face as our City grows and becomes more prosperous. Last year, Mayor Murray developed an action plan and community engagement is expected to ramp up this spring. In preparation for engagement on this important issue, GCC will facilitate an open and interactive community forum on growth and affordability.
The intent of the meeting is to outline Greenwood’s key affordability issues and questions, discuss opportunities, and lay the groundwork for further focused study by committees and feedback to the City. Please bring your ideas/questions and be prepared to share them with your neighbors. We hope to see you there!
- Welcome/overview of meeting agenda (7:00 PM)
- Overview of upcoming GCC meeting topics
- Overview of committees and Board
- Committee Reports – Committee Chairs (7:05 PM)
- Land use
- Health and Safety
- Outreach – call for interested volunteers
- Guest Speaker, Seattle Neighborhood Greenways (7:10 to 7:20)
- Speed limits, Gordon Padelford
- Growth and Affordability (7:20 to 8:30)
- Identify core issues/questions
- Discuss opportunities
- Summarize key points and develop focused actions
- Meeting Close (8:30 PM)
Please note that the Library’s garage closes at 8PM, so if you park in the library you will need to move your car before then.